Engaging MATH Worksheets, Tasks and Activities
Have your students use these PROBABILITY Guided Notes to review key ideas and essential vocabulary .
Guided Notes aid in student focus, concept retention, engagement and creativity. Using this resource will allow students to synthesize this math concept and create their own tangible connections in their notes.
Guided Notes Includes:
__ Key Ideas with Verbal & Numerical Examples
__ Essential Vocabulary with Definitions
__ Skills Practice Questions and Real-World Word Problems
__ Completed Examples of Guided Notes
* Page 1 - Outcomes and Events
* Page 2 - Simple Probability
* Page 3 - Experimental and Theoretical Probability
* Page 4 - Compound Events
* Page 5 - Independent and Dependent Events
How to Use:
Students answer the questions, and then color, doodle or embellish the pages. I have my students glue these notes in their 'Math Study Guides' (a composition notebook). This resources is also perfect for Interactive Note Books as they are sized to fit and include cut lines.
Common Core Aligned:
*7.SP.5- Understand that the probability of a chance event is a number between 0 and 1 that expresses the likelihood of the event occurring. Larger numbers indicate greater likelihood.
* 7.SP.6 - Approximate the probability of a chance event by collecting data on the chance process that produces it and observing its long-run relative frequency, and predict the approximate relative frequency given the probability.
* 7.SP.7 - Develop a probability model and use it to find probabilities of events. Compare probabilities from a model to observed frequencies;
* 7.SP.8 - Find probabilities of compound events using organized lists, tables, tree diagrams, and simulation.