Engaging MATH Worksheets, Tasks and Activities
Have your students apply their understanding of SCIENTIFIC NOTATION with these fun activities including a maze, riddle and coloring activity.
1. Writing Numbers in Scientific Notation MAZE
This is a self-checking worksheet that allows students to strengthen their skills in writing numbers in SCIENTIFIC NOTATION. Students use their answers to navigate through the puzzle.
2. Operations with Scientific Notation COLORING ACTIVITY
Students are prompted to add, subtract multiply and divide expressions in SCIENTIFIC NOTATION . Students use their solutions to color the picture.
3. Operations with Scientific Notation RIDDLE
Students simplify addition, subtraction multiplication and division expressions written in SCIENTIFIC NOTATION. They must then use their solutions to solve the riddle.
All 3 of these activities allow students to practice writing and simplifying expressions with SCIENTIFIC NOTATION while incorporating fun into the classroom!
How to Use:
Use any of these resources as a quick assessment tool, a homework assignment, or even something for the kids to do after a test.
✔ Writing Numbers in Scientific Notation
✔ Multiplication & Division with Scientific Notation
✔ Addition & Subtractions with Scientific Notation
Common Core Aligned:
* 8.EE.3 - Use numbers expressed in the form of a single digit times an integer power of 10 to estimate very large or very small quantities, and to express how many times as much one is than the other.
* 8.EE.4 - Perform operations with numbers expressed in scientific notation, including problems where both decimal and scientific notation are used. Use scientific notation and choose units of appropriate size for measurements of very large or very small quantities...
LICENSING TERMS: This purchase includes a license for one teacher only for personal use in their classroom. Licenses are non-transferable, meaning they can not be passed from one teacher to another. No part of this resource is to be shared with colleagues or used by an entire grade level, school, or district without purchasing the proper number of licenses. If you are a coach, principal, or district interested in transferable licenses to accommodate yearly staff changes, please contact me for a quote at email@example.com.
COPYRIGHT TERMS: This resource may not be uploaded to the internet in any form, including classroom/personal websites or network drives, unless the site is password protected and can only be accessed by students. Violations are subject to the penalties of the Digital Millennium Copyright Act.